Sunday, October 09, 2005

Saw the "Downfall" at cinematheque. German Nightmare.

German Nightmare, 9 October 2005

Author: Samuel Cohen from Israel
http://imdb.com/user/ur0498043/comments for my comments of Movies I saw


I had very mixed feelings before and when I saw this film about Hitler Berlin Germany and the end of World War 2. The Film is German Perfection that even Spielberg could not do. It is not enjoyable and I thought of walking out before the end of the movie. And for a correction, The Movie mentions that 50 Million died as a result of the war and 6 Million Jews. The truth is that 13 Million died that were not connected directly to the War Including the Six Million Jews, So Nazism was bad for everyone, not only Jews. For the Germans too. 35 Million Russians etc... Here we see Berlin Bombed and we are not shown how many other cities were destroyed. I suppose I had to see this movie.

No comments: