Thursday, November 24, 2005

Sonya Back again after a few years

Shalom Sam,
A friend found your e-mail address while painting my house, while moving my computer desk. I have so much to share and catch up with you about. Do you still have the stained glass you won with the raffle tickets you purchased for my daughters trip to Australia?

I think I told you that I thought I was a crypto Jew, back when we first started chatting years ago. Well my father finally addmitted to me 2 years ago that he has known since he was 6 years old that he was a Jew. I opened Bat-Tzyion Hebrew Learning Center, Inc. to have a place where the anousim/crypto jews can come and learn about their roots that were taken by force from us for the last 500 years. A year after opening the learning center, I met a Rabbi that was willing to work with those who were ready for their next steps, "making their return back to Judaism". I am almost done with my reversion/conversion. My daughter Rachel has transfered schools to be closer to Rabbi so she can start her process as well. I am very proud of her making this decsion to do her return as well. She is my only hope of rasing the next generation of Jew's in our family. My parents now celebrate shabbat with us, my Mom has done Pesach with us for 3 years now. We are waiting for my Mom's DNA testing to come back, my Dad and brother took the DNA test and it came back being what I suspected. We are levittical Jews. Even the research on my name showed that. "Loya" spelt in hebrew is Levi Ha, "Loya" was a province in Narvarra Spain, during the mid-evil times and was a very prominent Jewish community, it is a name found in the morrocan Jews. A friend of mine who's last name is also Cohen, his ex-sister in laws sister's name is Rachel Loya, her dad is Rabbi, they are Morrocan Jews. That is my daughter's name. Isn't life a an interesting journey? It will be good to hear from you and catch up.

Happy Thanksgiving and Ve Bracha's to you and your family.
Sonya Loya
Ruidoso, New Mexico

No comments: